Friday, August 3, 2012

DIY Burlap Save The Date Banner

I am loving burlap & banners. Burlap is super inexpensive & one of the only bunting banners I am comfortable using hot glue with(which is super easy!). Hot glue will be your friend in the project!

What you will need:

  1. 1/2 yard of burlap

  2. Cardstock

  3. Paper trimmer

  4. Corner punch

  5. Scissors

  6. Hot glue gun

  7. About 6 glue sticks!


First thing you will want to do is decide whether you want to paint the letters on using a stencil or print out text on cardstock. I obviously chose the cardstock method using a FREE printable from www.weddingchicks.com Have I mentioned how much I love that website?? :)


Next, trim your letters with a paper trimmer & use your punch for the corners.


Now, cut out a pattern using the cardstock. Use that pattern to cut out all your triangles.


Trim long strips of your burlap & get to hot glue'n!!


Lastly, glue your letters on your banner & you're all done!



I love to see these banners on Save the Date cards & on dessert tables.
The entire project cost me about $1.50 for the burlap! I had the rest of the supplies already. How can you beat that??
Happy Crafting! :)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment